The Inside Application Sales – Quoting is a critical position which requires this person to have a variety of skills, knowledge, expertise, capable of logically processing critical data in order to deliver the highest quality services/products to the requirements of the customer. This person must have an eye for quality, precision,
timeliness’, understand the capabilities of the company. This requires an engineering based education/training and an experience level based on real life experiences to complete the work.
- An ability to understand ways to define with the customers’ requirements, specifications, usage, tolerances, etc. This is required because often the customer may not know exactly what they need. Some projects/products may not be ordered but once every three to five years or more.
- Knowledgeable of all material capabilities and applications such as chemical, temperatures, heat, cold, velocity, liquids used, etc. This ensures the right products and product applications are fulfilled and delivered.
- A personality capable of building relationships with customers at the decision maker level throughout the customer interaction process.
- Knowledgeable of reading drawings, plans, specifications, general documentation to ensure the highest quality products.
- Must be able to produce accurate quotes, understanding all costs, labor and margins.
- Must be capable of working with a variety of materials, safely and in compliance with company requirements.
- Makes frequent and solid recommendations on how to improve the applications and engineering work, material, chemicals and processes throughout the company.
- Maintain proficiency in using personal computer, data entry terminal and other common office equipment and software.
- Insures that all internal functions get accurate information so they in turn can accomplish their jobs on time.
- Manages expenses and budget within annual guidelines. This includes monitoring overages and recommending corrective actions when needed.
- Communicates with outside and inside allied sources at all times setting the example that promotes a positive customer service image for C & B Equipment.
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Products/ Services: 100% accountable for making sure all applications/quoting are accurate and of the highest quality. Failure to do so can increase the costs, rework and disappoint the customer.
- Customer Relations: Accountable for the day to day communication to the customers always looking for ways to make C & B easy to do business with and the preferred supplier from the customers point of view.
- Internal Facilities: 100% accountable for all related activities to support the inside application –quoting process including software, workflows, on-time delivery and communicating with the customer.
- Safety: 100% accountable for the safety and compliance of all work performed.
- Expenses: 100% accountable for operating within expense guidelines, recommending improvements by looking for ways to serve the customer better with high quality process and products.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High school or equivalent. Formal education in engineering preferred. Valid Driver’s License and favorable driving record required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of industrial rotating equipment.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Prefer at least 3-5 year of related work experience.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Customer Service, Computer skills, Flexibility, Multitasking, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Professionalism, Problem Solving, Communication Skills (both written and verbal), Safety, Ability to drive company vehicle, Relationship Building
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION TALKING: Ability to speak effectively and communicate clearly
AVERAGE HEARING: Able to hear average conversations
REPETITIVE MOTION: The employee is regularly required to type.
FINGER DEXTERITY: The employee is regularly required to use hands to type
AVERAGE VISION: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: The employee must routinely lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS: General office environment. Adequate lighting.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION REASONING ABILITY: Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers and common fractions.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business-related documents. Ability to
As a C & B Equipment professional the person holding this position conducts themselves with the highest degree of integrity, cooperation, professionalism and honesty in dealing with internal support staff, vendors and all external contacts and customers. As an ambassador of the company this individual is required at all times to conduct himself/herself personally and professionally in an exemplary and forthright manner to ensure the highest quality reputation and image of the C & B Company in the industry.