Is Your Chemical Metering Pump Compatible With Your Needs?
Main image source: Grundfos.com
There are a slew of chemical metering and digital dosing pumps on the market and you may be wondering if your current pump is the best choice for your operation. Or, maybe you need to replace a pump that’s reached the end of its life. Luckily, we have the expertise to help you make an informed decision.
In this blog, we’ll examine the different types of Grundfos pumps available, as well as the importance of positive displacement pumps and selecting chemically compatible materials. Highlighted by durability, reliability and accuracy, Grundfos is considered a global leader in advanced pump solutions.
At C&B Equipment, we are experts when it comes to chemical metering and digital dosing pumps manufactured by Grundfos.
In this blog, we’ll examine the different types of Grundfos pumps available, as well as the importance of selecting chemically compatible pumps for your operation.
About Grundfos Pumps
No matter the application, dosing pumps must be accurate and dependable. This statement holds for low-pressure, high-pressure, temporary and 24/7/365 applications. Similarly, individual applications have specific requirements that chemical metering pumps need to meet. For example, corrosive, viscous and high-pressure materials require pumps that can operate efficiently without any issue.
The type of pump you need will depend on your industry, application and materials. Here is a look at some of the popular options available!
- SMART Digital S and XL. These Grundfos dosing and metering pumps offer powerful, variable-speed motors, a universal power supply and a full-PTFE diaphragm that meets the most demanding requirements for chemical resistance and durability. The SMART Digital S and XL pumps offer state of the art features that ensure dependable, safe and economical dosing operations. Notably, these pumps provide top-of-the-line dosing accuracy.
- DDA. The DDA is Grundfos’ high-end intelligent dosing pump. With pump speeds up to 30 l/h and 16 bar, the DDA offers FlowControl, pressure monitoring, AutoFlowAdapt and integrated flow measurement. According to Grundfos, DDA is the perfect pump solution, whether you’re degassing liquids, have flow rates down to 2.5 ml/h or require advanced process control.
- DDC. Grundfos’ DDC pump features a click-wheel operation and a 28-language graphic display. The DDC pump is a popular choice for standard applications, featuring a simple user interface. As an added feature, this pump contains SlowMode, allowing it to handle high-viscosity liquids.
- DDE. The Grundfos DDE pump is a cost-effective, entry-level pump for basic applications. Featuring smooth continuous dosing, always 100-percent suction stroke and an external stop and empty tank alarm, the DDE pump is an excellent choice for your more simple applications.
- Digital Dosing DME. Grundfos DME Digital Dosing pumps offer increased dosing precision. Typically, these pumps are used for pulp and paper; textile; food and beverage; and drinking water treatment applications. The DME Digital Dosing pump features a wide dosing range with a turndown ratio of 800:1. Furthermore, this is the pump of choice for larger dosing quantities, while offering the same benefits of smaller digital dosing pumps.
- DMH Hydraulic Diaphragm Metering. This pump is one of the strongest, most robust pumps manufactured by Grundfos. The DMH can handle high-pressure applications up to 2,900 psi. Also, this pump offers accurate dosing for industrial processes, petrochemicals and high-pressure boiler feed.
- DMX Mechanical Diaphragm Metering. This particular pump is versatile with a wide flow range and several dosing head sizes, materials and accessories. The DMX pump is compact and provides smooth and low-pulsation dosing.
- Dosing Skid Systems (DSS). A Dosing Skid Systems pump is specially designed to directly feed liquid chemicals from a supply source to an injection point. The DSS is pre-engineered for easy installation, serving a wide variety of applications. Also, Grundfos can construct custom DSS pumps for project-based applications.
- Dosing Tank Solutions (DTS). The chemically-resistant both stores and doses liquid chemicals. The DTS pump is high-quality and can be employed universally for diverse dosing.
- Oxiperm. Oxiperm pumps are specifically engineered for water treatment applications and cleaning drinking water.
Understanding Positive Displacement Pumps
Positive displacement pumps move chemicals and other liquids by trapping a precise amount of a chemical in a chamber before slowly forcing it out into a discharge line. With remarkably consistent dosing, these pumps allow you to budget for the chemicals you need to dose easily.
Positive displacement pumps can also operate 24/7/365, with very little maintenance required.
Focus on Chemically Compatible Materials
Your pump needs to be able to handle the chemicals being pumped through it. Chemicals, such as sulfuric acid, sodium hydroxide and sodium hypochlorite are corrosive. These types of chemicals can cause considerable damage to a pump if they’re not built to handle the specific chemical. If you don’t select a pump that can handle your specific chemical application, your pump will consistently break down and need repairs.
C&B Equipment Can Handle Your Chemical Metering Pump Needs
Finding the right dosing or metering pump for your application can be a challenge. With our expertise, C&B Equipment can help identify the pump that will keep your operation up and running. Contact us today to learn more about our Grundfos dosing and metering pumps.