Learn the Basics of Dosing Skid Systems (Video)
In the Municipal, Industrial and Manufacturing segments, systems help unify complex processes that require precision and reliability throughout multiple stages of treatment.
Grundfos Dosing Skid Systems (DSS) are complete solutions designed to feed liquid chemicals from a tank to an injection point in the process.
Video and information provided by Grundfos
Dosing Skid Systems combine the main chemical feed components and system controls with many other mechanisms needed for accurate chemical injection.
- Chemical Feed Pumps/Metering Pumps
- Calibration Columns
- System Controls
- Chemical Tanks
- Pulsation Dampeners
- Back Pressure/Pressure Relief Valves
- Pressure Gauge
Pre-engineered Dosing Skid Systems are designed to meet the many common chemical feed requirements while custom-built options are ideal for more unique applications.
- Pump capacity (gph): 0.0007 to 8
- Skid Pressure up to 150 psi
- Pump capacity (gph): 0.0007 to 556
- Skid Pressure up to 2900 psi
Flexibility in system design and components means there are hundreds of configurations available to meet your needs.
At the heart of Dosing Skid Systems are Grundfos hydraulically or mechanically actuated metering pumps with optional stepper motor technology, offering up to 3000:1 flow turndown. Chemicals are costly and overtreatment is unnecessary. Grundfos’ precise metering pumps integrate with Skid System components for accurate chemical injection with minimal effort.
Dosing Skid Systems also offer a range of other benefits designed to make operation easy:
- Advanced Control Features allow for building management system and PLC integration so you can remotely monitor and adjust the system’s performance.
- Duty/Standby Configuration ensures chemical treatment can continue when one pump requires maintenance.
- Quick, Simple Installation of a fully functioning factory-tested system.