Double Mechanical Seal
The CDFI™ / CDFC™ bridges the product range gap between the CDSA™ and DMSF™ differentiating itself in two areas. The hybrid design offers a metal-to-metal inboard drive and an integral bi-directional pumping device, allowing the seal to fit in radial cross sectional spaces as small as 0.312" (8mm). The CDFI™ / CDFC™ is available in any AESSEAL® standard seal face and elastomer combination.
All information provided by AESSEAL®
- Integral deflector guides barrier fluid under faces and extends seal life
- Incorporates highly effective bi-directional pumping ring to maximise barrier flow and increase seal life
- Bi-Metal CDFI™ / CDFC™ options also include exotic allow wetted components at minimum price premium for use with corrosive chemicals
- Hydraulically balanced seal-face technology for reduced power consumption
- Non-shaft-fretting sleeve elastomer and positive set screw shaft drive
- Independant seal face design to enhance safe containment of process fluid in the event of damage to any individual sealing element
- Multiple spring seal face loading
- Sizes available from 1.125" to 5.000" (28mm - 125mm) in standard and ANSI Plus gland formats
Directed Barrier Fluid Circulation
Removing the heat at the inboard faces is critical for any double mechanical seal. The CDFI™ / CDFC™ directed barrier fluid flow path achieves effective heat removal at both sets of seal faces.
Bi-directional Barrier Fluid Circulation
Developed using the highly efficient patented DMSF™ pumping ring the CDFI™ will effectively and reliably circulate barrier fluid irrespective of the direction of shaft rotation.
Alternatively, in applications which use an external barrier fluid circulation device, such as a PUMPPAC™, or where fluid convection is required, the CDFC™ may be offered.
Fits in Thin Radial Cross Sectional Spaces
Like the CDSA™, the CDFI™ / CDFC™ can be installed on equipment with radial cross sectional spaces as small as 0.312” (8mm). This is typical on some smaller sized process pumps.