Lift Station Problems and Issues Defined
The Water Environment Foundation (WEF) published a report regarding the “Municipal Wastewater Pump Station Design Problems and Solutions.”
Lift station problems and design issues defined include:
- Concrete corrosion protection
- Corrosion resistant materials
- Pump protection from influent sewage debris
- Pump selection based on total dynamic head calculations
- Energy efficient operation
- Pump station appearance
- Surge protection
- Rehabilitation of existing pump stations
- Odor control
- Prevention of leakage into the pump station structures
- Provisions for future expansion
- Grit deposition in wet wells sized for future flow rates
The report concludes that planning and design of new municipal wastewater pump stations or rehabilitation/expansion of existing pump stations requires careful consideration of potential problems and possible solutions presented in the report.
Are your wet wells clogging, corroding and in need of costly, regular maintenance? The solutions are now available at cbeuptime.com.
By educating our customers about the machinery they rely on for their day-to-day operations, C&B Equipment can help increase uptime, while decreasing the need for costly off-site repairs. That’s what we call Uptime Solutioneering™.